Bradley Beal in action© X (Twitter)
The Los Angeles Clippers signed three-time All-Star guard Bradley Beal earlier this week after the Phoenix Suns bought out the final two years of his contract. The team announced his signing on Friday. Bell has agreed to an $11 million, two-year deal, his agent Mark Bartelstein told The Arizona Republic. Beal averaged 17 points, 3.7 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 32.1 minutes while starting 38 of 53 games for the Suns last season. Beal shot 50% from the floor, 39% from 3-point range and 80% from the foul line.
“He’s a great guy,” Suns owner Matt Ishbia told SiriusXM NBA Radio on Thursday. “It just doesn’t fit with the Phoenix Suns moving on. We told him. We made that decision. We let them know we wanted to move on without him. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad guy. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.”
In Los Angeles, the Bills joined an experienced Clippers roster led by Kawhi Leonard and James Harden. The 32-year-old guard will have a chance to overcome his two disappointing, injury-plagued seasons in Phoenix.
“Players of this caliber are rare, and hard to come by,” Clippers coach Tyronn Lue said in a statement. “He’s the best player on his team. You can put him in different spots and he’ll find ways to score: pick-and-roll, come off screens, catch-and-shoot. He can make it or he can play the ball. He’s a great cutter. He’s also a great playmaker who’s going to make everyone else better.”
(Except for the headline, this story was not edited by NDTV staff and appeared on a syndicated feed.)
Topics covered in this article

