- ‘This is the real GG’: R Ashwin reveals the side of Gautam Gambhir critics are ignoring | Cricket News
- Is India bothered about Test debacle? | Cricket News
- Ashes 2025: No Cummins, no Hazlewood as Australia stick with unchanged squad for Gabba Test | Cricket News
- India U19 squad announced for Asia Cup; high-stakes Pakistan clash on December 14 | Cricket News
- First series as World Champions: India Women to host Sri Lanka for five-match T20I series after Bangladesh tour postponement | Cricket News
- Ajit Agarkar: A constant on overseas tours and notable absentee from Ranji Trophy | Cricket News
- ‘Bhai hai woh mera’: Nitish Rana provides major update on Shubman Gill’s health – WATCH | Cricket News
- ‘Shaadi ke liye ready hoon bas ladki chaiye’: Yuzvendra Chahal’s social media post goes viral | Cricket News
Author: robin24
Jannik Sinner won the 21st title of his career by thrashing American teenager Learner Tien 6-2, 6-2 in the China Open final on Wednesday. The Italian lifted the trophy for the second time on Beijing’s hard courts, having done so on his tournament debut in 2023, and is eyeing a return to world number one. The 24-year-old’s only loss on Beijing’s centre Diamond Court has been to great rival and top-ranked Carlos Alcaraz, who won last year’s final in three gripping sets. “A very, very special place for me,” said the victorious Sinner, a four-time Grand Slam champion…
Thiruvananthapuram: Under brooding grey clouds that hovered over the Greenfield Stadium, Kerala’s batting unravelled in a heap of unfulfilled promise, dismissed for 219 in response to Maharashtra’s 239. The visitors then raced to 51/0 in 9 overs, courtesy Prithvi Shaw’s quickfire unbeaten 37, when bad light stopped proceedings an hour before the scheduled close on Friday. A 71-run deficit felt like a punch in the gut to the last season’s runner-up, especially after they won the toss on Day 1 and had Maharashtra on the ropes at 18/5.The innings began today with more hope than direction and soon spiralled into…
Pressure mounted Friday on police authorities in the English city of Birmingham to reverse a ban on Maccabi Tel Aviv soccer fans attending a Europa League game at Aston Villa next month over security concerns, a decision that drew condemnation from politicians, sports organizations and Jewish groups. British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said the police recommendation to bar the visiting team’s fans from the Nov. 6 game was “the wrong decision” and that “the role of the police is to ensure all football fans can enjoy the game, without fear of violence or intimidation.” Starmer spokesman Geraint Ellis…
France: Former Red Bull driver Sergio Perez and Valtteri Bottas will drive for Cadillac next season, the new Formula One team announced on Tuesday. The pair will be making a return to the grid in 2026, after being dropped this year, for the American outfit, who become F1’s 11th team on the grid. Perez, the winner of six grands prix, was sacked by Red Bull as Max Verstappen’s teammate at the end of last season despite two years of the Mexican’s contract still to run. Bottas won 10 races at his time with Mercedes alongside Lewis Hamilton. The Finn…
Carlos Alcaraz added his voice to the criticism and pulled out of the Shanghai Masters with “physical issues” as the packed schedule for elite tennis players came under renewed scrutiny this week. With another season approaching its climax, six-time major champion Alcaraz and fellow Grand Slam winners Iga Swiatek and Coco Gauff all took aim at the amount of tennis they play. The busy calendar in women’s and men’s tennis has been a constant talking point in recent years. Top players, who earn handsomely, have repeatedly railed against their workload and this week saw a raft of matches…
Mohammed Shami (PTI Photo/Kamal Kishore) Former India chief selector Ajit Agarkar has addressed Mohammed Shami’s exclusion from the England series, stating it was due to fitness concerns. However, he did not specify the reason for Shami’s absence from the upcoming Australia ODI series.Shami’s most recent international match was the Champions Trophy final. He then played nine matches in IPL 2025 before an injury forced him to withdraw from the tournament.Following a three-month break from cricket, Shami returned to action in the Duleep Trophy, representing East Zone against North Zone. He managed to take only one wicket in 34 overs. Despite…
In a landmark move set to redefine Bengal’s football landscape, Shrachi Sports, today, announced the appointment of iconic German Footballer Mr Lothar Matthaus – FIFA World Cup winning captain and Bundesliga legend – as the official Ambassador of the Bengal Super League (BSL). This announcement marks a significant milestone in BSL’s mission to elevate Bengal’s football ecosystem and establish meaningful international collaborations that promote professionalism, player development and global exposure. The press conference, held in Germany, was graced by Mr Lothar Matthaus, FIFA World Cup Winning Captain and Bundesliga Legend, Mr Shatrughna Sinha, Consul General of India in…
Four-time IndyCar champion Alex Palou and his boss both strongly denied a report that Red Bull is interested in signing the Spaniard to its Formula 1 team. Palou said there has been zero outreach from Red Bull to him or anyone within his management group, and even wondered if the rumor was a deliberate attempt to cloud his dominating IndyCar season. Palou has won eight of 16 races, including the Indianapolis 500, and wrapped up his fourth title in five years with two races remaining. The IndyCar season ends Sunday at Nashville Superspeedway.“There’s been nothing, nothing at all.…
Coco Gauff in action© AFP Defending champion Coco Gauff brushed aside unseeded Eva Lys 6-3, 6-4 on Thursday to power into her third consecutive China Open semi-final. The world number three next plays either fellow American Amanda Anisimova, the third seed in Beijing, or sixth-seeded Jasmine Paolini of Italy. “I’m happy with how I played today,” Gauff, seeded two, said. “She’s a tough opponent. “She hit some incredible shots off the run, so I was just trying my best to stay aggressive.” After an even start to the contest Gauff began to seize control, winning the first set…
Indian players Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli (PTI Photo/Arun Sharma) The Men’s ODI Series between Australia and India was officially launched at Perth Stadium, bringing together players from both teams to celebrate their historic cricket rivalry. With Indian cricket stalwarts like Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma making their return to on-field action, the series has generated significant fan interest, with over 175,000 tickets already sold for the Australia-India white-ball series.Mitchell Starc and Travis Head from Australia joined Indian players Nitish Kumar Reddy and Dhruv Jurel for a photo session. The players posed in front of a poster displaying memorable moments…
