- ‘This is the real GG’: R Ashwin reveals the side of Gautam Gambhir critics are ignoring | Cricket News
- Is India bothered about Test debacle? | Cricket News
- Ashes 2025: No Cummins, no Hazlewood as Australia stick with unchanged squad for Gabba Test | Cricket News
- India U19 squad announced for Asia Cup; high-stakes Pakistan clash on December 14 | Cricket News
- First series as World Champions: India Women to host Sri Lanka for five-match T20I series after Bangladesh tour postponement | Cricket News
- Ajit Agarkar: A constant on overseas tours and notable absentee from Ranji Trophy | Cricket News
- ‘Bhai hai woh mera’: Nitish Rana provides major update on Shubman Gill’s health – WATCH | Cricket News
- ‘Shaadi ke liye ready hoon bas ladki chaiye’: Yuzvendra Chahal’s social media post goes viral | Cricket News
Author: robin24
Ravindra Jadeja walks off after his dismissal during the third day of the first Test cricket match of series between India and South Africa, at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. (PTI Photo) Former India cricketers reacted strongly after the team’s 30-run loss to South Africa at Eden Gardens, a match in which India could not chase 124. The defeat has reopened questions about selections, planning and India’s struggles on turning pitches.Former cricketer Irfan Pathan said India’s ability to play spin has reduced over time.”Skills to play spin on turning tracks around the world have definitely gone down, but this kind of…
Rishabh Pant reacts as he walks off the field after losing his wicket on the third day of the first cricket test match between India and South Africa in Kolkata, India, Sunday, Nov. 16, 2025. (AP Photo) NEW DELHI: “There were no demons in the pitch,” said India head coach Gautam Gambhir after he was repeatedly asked about the playing surface following India’s 30-run loss in the first Test of the two-match series against the reigning World Test Champions (WTC) winners at the Eden Gardens.Gambhir admitted the pitch was “exactly” what they had asked for and was in no mood…
Team India suffered a humbling defeat as SA won by 30 runs at Eden Gardens (Images via AP) Michael Vaughan added to his attack on the Eden Gardens surface after India slipped to a 30-run defeat against South Africa in the opening Test, saying the hosts had set themselves up for the result that followed. The former England captain, who had already criticised the conditions during the match, was sharper in tone once India were bowled out for 93 in their chase of 124. “Awful pitch in Kolkata … #INDvSA,” he posted during the second day as the contest moved…
Jasprit Bumrah and Temba Bavuma engaged in a lively chat after the Proteas took a 1-0 lead in Kolkata. (AP Photo/Aijaz Rahi) A difficult three-day defeat for India ended with an unexpected moment of composure, as Jasprit Bumrah and Temba Bavuma were seen in a light-hearted conversation after the hosts were dismissed for 93 while chasing 124 at Eden Gardens. Bumrah, left unbeaten at the end, walked towards the South Africa captain after Mohammed Siraj fell. Images of the two speaking animatedly as they made their way out of the pitch went viral within minutes, becoming one of the biggest…
India’s Ravindra Jadeja with head coach Gautam Gambhir (PTI Photo/Swapan Mahapatra) South Africa stunned India by 30 runs in the opening Test at Eden Gardens on Sunday, securing their first win on Indian soil in 15 years and reigniting uncomfortable questions about the hosts’ batting against quality spin on home tracks. Chasing 124, India folded for 93 in just 35 overs, never finding the method or composure that South African skipper Temba Bavuma had displayed earlier in the day.India were effectively a batter short, with captain Shubman Gill unavailable after being hospitalised with a neck injury sustained on day two.…
South Africa’s Keshav Maharaj and teammates celebrate (AP Photo/Aijaz Rahi) The first Test between India and South Africa at Eden Gardens ended in a dramatic 30-run defeat for India, who were bowled out for 93/9 while chasing a modest target of 124. Shubman Gill was unable to bat due to injury, adding to the hosts’ woes. Beyond the result, the match has sparked a heated debate over the pitch, which seemed to crumble under pressure and threatened to finish in less than three days. Former India captain and Cricket Association of Bengal president Sourav Ganguly has now put the spotlight…
Andre Russell (Photo by Prakash Singh/Getty Images) Kolkata Knight Riders’ decision to release Andre Russell ahead of the IPL 2026 auction has triggered a wave of reactions online, especially after an old assurance from the franchise resurfaced on social media. Fans have been quick to point out that the team has gone back on its word after letting go of the Jamaican all-rounder who served KKR for 12 years.Venky Mysore post The now-viral moment dates back to 2020 when Russell had publicly expressed his desire to represent KKR until he retired. In a video posted by the franchise on X,…
Sanju Samson (Photo by Pankaj Nangia/Getty Images) Sanju Samson’s long association with the Rajasthan Royals has officially ended, marking one of the most high-profile trades in IPL history. After more than a decade with the franchise and leading them to the IPL 2022 final, the wicketkeeper-batter is set to join the Chennai Super Kings (CSK). The Royals and CSK completed a swap deal that sends Samson to the five-time champions, while RR receive Ravindra Jadeja and Sam Curran in return. Samson moves to CSK on a contract worth INR 18 crore. Jadeja joins RR for INR 14 crore, and Curran…
Arjun Tendulkar (Photo by Pankaj Nangia/Getty Images) Arjun Tendulkar is set for a fresh start in the IPL after being traded from the Mumbai Indians to the Lucknow Super Giants, one of the more notable moves following the announcement of franchise retentions. The left-arm bowling all-rounder shifts base after two seasons with MI, opening the door to a new coaching group, a different dressing-room environment, and an opportunity to reboot his career. Arjun first entered the IPL in 2021 when Mumbai signed him for Rs 20 lakh at the mini-auction. Although he travelled with the squad to the UAE as…
Brazil national football team players celebrate© AFP Brazil beat fellow World Cup qualifiers Senegal 2-0 at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium on Saturday thanks to goals from teenager Estevao and veteran Casemiro. Carlo Ancelotti’s team, featuring a mouthwatering attacking combination of Estevao, Matheus Cunha, Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr, dominated the first half of the friendly in London. Manchester United’s Cunha headed against the bar as Brazil took a firm grip on the game but Chelsea’s Estevao gave the South Americans the lead they deserved in the 28th minute. The 18-year-old was fortunate that the ball fell to his feet on…
